Are you a big fan of fluffy pancakes? Plain or topped with blueberry? You can use either fresh or frozen blueberry. I could eat pancake in any day throughout the weekends, it is my food delight in pick me up morning kind. This recipes originally adapted from Easy Fluffy Pancakes by womanscribbles.net
I am a big fan of having fluffy thick soft pancakes for breakfast with a cup of coffee or tea. Before I would normally eat it plain but now I drizzles it with maple syrup. Honey syrup not so much as too much sugar contains and quite sweet. Maple syrup just right and cooked it using grill pan instead to get this grill effect. You only can use grill pan that have tiny bump on them like a photo below. If you don’t have, any non-stick pan works just fine.
- You can make the batter the night before to save your time in the morning. The leftovers batter can be kept refrigerated up to 2-3 days.
- Please thaw batter at least 15 minutes before start cooking as the batter tends to stick to the pan and you will have a messy pancakes.
- If you prefer thin pancakes, spread the batter thin and evenly on the pan.
Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 10 Minutes Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup all purpose/plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup blueberry
- extra butter to greased the pan
- Combine milk with vinegar and let it sour for at least 5 minutes (also known as buttermilk).
- In a bowl mixed all ingredients together; flour, baking powder, baking soda, white sugar, salt, egg, melted butter.
- Finally, add buttermilk into the mixture. Whisk till no big lumps, small lumps is fine. The batter will be thick and if it looks thin add extra 1 tbsp flour and mix well.
- Medium heat the grill pan or non stick pan and greased with butter or cooking oil. Pour the batter in depending what size you like (thin or thick). If thin, spread it out evenly. Lastly, add blueberry on the top either fresh or frozen. Spread blueberry to your liking.
- Cook each side about 3-4 minutes or till one side is bubbling with air bubbles before you flip.
- Once cooked, drizzles with honey or maple syrup or any toppings you like. Enjoy!
Please leave me a comment below if you have any question and do share of your pancakes results! Happy baking!