Cheesecake can be made with many methods. There’s bake or non bake, whichever you prefer. But this recipes is Baked Cheesecake with Oreo crust.
Don’t mind my old oven as it does its job really well. This recipes makes shallow 9 inch pan cheesecake, and if you want to make smaller/bigger just reduce/double the amount base on your pan size.
- Add melted butter into the crust per tablespoon at a time to avoid soggy.
- Crust you can change with digestive or Marie or Graham biscuits, the same quantity.
- Double cream can be substitute with milk or plain greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Passion fruit sauce can be added on top after slicing or substitute with blueberry sauce or strawberry sauce or no sauce okay as well.
- All ingredients need to be in room temperature to ensure smooth cheesecake batter.
Baked Cheesecake Recipes
Prep time: 30 Minutes Cook Time: 2 Hours Total Time: 2H30 Minutes
- 180 grams Oreo crush, removed cream
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 350 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 38 grams unsalted butter, room temperature
- 100 ml double cream; room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 175 C using the third lower rack. Cover your cake pan with baking paper to easy removed.
- Mixed crushed Oreo with melted butter 1 tablespoon at a time to avoid the crust too soggy and mixed till fully incorporated. Then transfer to the cake pan and press evenly. Baked the crust for 15 minutes at 175 C and transfer to wire rack to cool 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using hand mixer or stand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter till light and smooth. Then add double cream and sugar and continued beating.
- Beat in egg one at a time until fully incorporated. Finally add vanilla extract. In this point, if you like you can add zest of lemon.
- If using springform pan, crisscross two pieces of foil to cover the bottom of pan to avoid water soaking in. If using normal cake pan, no need foil. Transfer the cheesecake batter into cake pan and smooth the top.
- Place the cheesecake pan on roasting tray and pour hot boiling water into the roasting tray. Carefully transfer to oven and bake for 1 hour until top of cheesecake is golden brown. Centre might be soft and jiggles a little, but its okay and it will continue to set while cooling in the refrigerator. Chill cheesecake at least 5 – 8 hours in the refrigerator before slicing.
- To serve, cut cheesecake and serve with passion fruit sauce on the top. This recipe makes 7 slices.