Easy and simple recipe but low carbs which can be made on any day either for dinner or lunch. With less than 200 kcal per meal is suitable if you looking to lose weight but no time for exercise. You only need 7 – 8 ingredients to make this recipes and can be done in 25 minutes.
Usually I skipped the onion, but if you prefer to have you can add. There’s many ways to make wraps by adding your favourite vegetables or meat. Sweet corn is perfect choice to add as well and you can add some cheese or salad dressing is fine too. This recipes can make 4 servings and 1 serving is enough for a meal per person.
Suitable to make in any lazy or busy day after work and with leftovers you can keep for lunch at work.
- If you don’t have any low carbs wrap, any wrap would do just fine.
- If bell pepper not available, can substitute with button mushrooms, carrots, zucchini, asparagus, or even all of it but only add about 15 – 20 grams.
- Can skipped cooking the vegetables for healthier version.
- Add grated cheese or salad dressing for extra flavour.
Low Carbs Chicken Wrap Recipes
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Total Time: 25 Minutes Total Servings: 4
- 350 grams chicken breast, long strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, long strips
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 medium lettuces
- low carb wraps
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Medium heat your grill or normal pan and add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Fry red onion till soft for about 2 – 3 minutes. Then add bell pepper and cook about 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add in chicken breast and cook throughly but do not overcook chicken as it will get dry. Cook chicken about 2 / 3 minutes each side.
- Once chicken cook through nicely, finally add fresh basil and pinch of salt and pepper, stir for about 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
- In a separate pan, heat low carbs wrap about 1 minute each side.
- To assemble the wrap, place all lettuce in the middle of the wrap, add in chicken mixture. Fold both end together and wrap it from opposite end. Or wrap it how you like.
- Ready to serve and enjoy while it warm.
If you prefer, you could skip to cook the vegetables and add in the wrap raw. It’s nice and crunchy too. Entirely up to your choice. Don’t have enough basil in my kitchen so only able to used what I can.
Happy tummy, healthy life.