Cinnamon Rolls almost everyone favourite but unfortunately cinnamon not my style. Therefore, I often baked my own version of cinnamon rolls without cinnamon but if you are a fan of cinnamon, feel free to add so. Any desserts bakery people tends to baked sweet taste as for me I try to cut down sugar without having to cut down my desserts. Which is why all my baking recipes using less sugar and it is sort of healthy and less sweet.
Rolls bun you can topped with cream cheese or not, entirely up to your choice. Without cream cheese it taste as delicious as ever and adding less sugar does not ruins the flavour for both buns and cream cheese. Soft rolls bun perfect to be enjoy in the evening. Baking from scratch is what I got used to and I enjoyed it very much.
For those who may don’t have skills in baking, this recipe is the easiest to try as long you got the right amount of ingredients and follows the step carefully. You will never get it wrong as when I baked this the first try, it turns out amazingly delicious.
- Add cinnamon if you prefer.
- Milk heat it up just warm like heating up baby milk, warm to touch.
- Olive oil can substitute to any oil you have.
- If your room is cold, heat the oven with the lowest tempt and place dough inside with door left ajar so dough rise perfect in double.
- Recipes using the perfect taste and amount of sugar. No need to add more, unless you prefer more sweeter.
- Its okay if the rolls does not stick at the end of the rolls, if bake on cake pan it won’t open. If leave separately on baking tray, it tends to open when baking.
Rolls Bun Recipes with Cream Cheese
Prep Time: 1 Hour Baked Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 1H 25 Minutes Servings: 12 Rolls (mini)
- 1/2 cup milk, warm
- 28 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 + 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 35 grams cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheated oven to 185 c.
- In a saucepan, warm milk, 28 grams butter, and 1 tablespoon white sugar. Or in a bowl and warm in a microwave for 30 seconds interval till milk mixture warm to touch and both sugar and butter has melted completely. Do not over heat or it will kills yeast.
- Add yeast into milk mixture and have a gentle mix and let it bubbles for at least 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and salt. Mix it roughly.
- After yeast mixture bubbles nicely to the top, add in beaten egg and mix slightly. Pour milk into flour mixture and combine thoroughly. Keep the bowl for later use.
- Floured table surface and place dough and knead till smooths about 5 to 8 minutes. Dough need to be smooths and if poke with a finger it bounce back, means it ready to let rise. If not, keep kneading. Shape dough into a bowl after done kneading.
- Using the same bowl, brush bowl with olive oil and brush the dough and cover with cling film and let rise double in size for about 30 minutes or so in warm temperature.
- Once dough rise in double size, transfer back to floured table and knead for about 2 to 3 minutes to rid of the air. Then using a roller, roll dough into rectangle shape and about 1 inch thick.
- Brush the dough surface with 1 tablespoon butter which already at room temperature, then sprinkle brown sugar on top. Can add cinnamon in this step if needed. Or add more brown sugar if prefer more sweet.
- Roll the dough once fillings is done and just pinch the end and cut into rolls bun. This recipe makes 12 minis bun, and if prefer can cut based on your preferences. Place the rolls in a cake pan or baking tray. Cover with cling film to let rise for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Once rise, baked for 25 minutes or till top golden brown. Let cool before drizzles cream cheese.
Cream Cheese toppings:
- Beat the cream cheese with butter and powdered sugar together, beat using a whisk or hand mixer or a spoon.
- Add milk slowly or add more if you prefer more liquid. Add to your preferences.
- Keep beating till cream cheese smooth.
Its soft and fluffy rolls bun without any cinnamon in it and you can add if you like. Easy to bake for any beginners who like to bake during this lockdown. A great recipes to try and enough for a family of 2 or 3. Usually other recipes requires a lot of flour but this is enough to bake for small family.