Not fudgy but gooey and less sugar but still sweet enough for any desserts of the day. Using cashew instead of walnuts.
Brownies.. Yes, as you all know brownie has a lot of sugar in it and I personally don’t like any desserts that so sweet and we need to reduce that amount of sugars intake. I like brownies and its also my favourite but every brownie recipes required 2 cups of sugar plus the chocolate already sweet as it is. Desserts is my comfort food in any day or after meal and eating a lot of sugar doesn’t good for my body and it makes me gain weight. So, every dessert I baked will be less sugar and it taste as delicious without me feeling guilty by end of the day.
Less sugar in this Brownie Recipe and I am using cashew nuts instead of walnuts. A little experiments but it tasted as yummy and crunchy cashew too. But if you prefer walnuts or any nuts, feel free to substitute. This recipe using 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch pan and half the ingredients for smaller cake pan.
- Melt the butter and used it straight away, better than kept to cool down.
- Substitute cashew nuts with walnuts or pecans.
- Do not skipped sift cocoa powder and flour, this is important tor events any lumps and bitter taste after baked.
Brownie Recipe with Cashew Nuts
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes Servings: 5 (2 slices)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chunks chocolate + chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts. chopped
- Preheat oven to 175 c or 350 f. Place parchment paper or baking paper on cake pan for easy removable.
- Using hand whisk, mix melted butter with 3 eggs and whisk to combine. Still using hand whisk, add in brown sugar and whisk to combined.
- Change whisk to spatula for easy mixing. Then add sifted cocoa powder, flour and salt. Gently mix till fully combined and make sure no big lumps. Batter will be thick.
- Add in chocolate chunks and chocolate chips. Mix to combine. Pour brownie batter into 8.5 inch x 4.5 inch pan and smooth edges and top.
- Optional: extra sprinkles of chocolate chips and cashew nuts.
- Bake for 30 minutes and centre will almost set. Leave brownie inside the oven and let the oven door open ajar slightly. Keep in the oven for about 30 minutes to 1 hour to fully set.
- Slice and serve with ice cream.