Don’t have any chocolate chips or chunks in your pantry right now? But if you fancy to enjoy brownie and only have cream cheese, flour, and cocoa powder, well this recipe only requires that and few other more ingredients. You can decorate or fill your brownie however you like, there is no fixes way. Marble or swirl works just fine too.
This recipe bake using 5 inch round aluminium pan, and if you wish to bake 7 to 9 inch just double the ingredients. For some recipes, it may need few tried or get the oven setting in the right temperature or it will turn out dry or cakey. Sometimes, when I tried bake traditional brownie it turns really good for the first try but 2nd attempt it turn out super dry and hard. Not sure what went wrong, as I baked as following the recipe and steps. Just have to keep trying and figuring it out. But this recipe, is easy and direct. Maybe a little cakey for your taste, just baked shorter time next time.
- Used less sugar than stated (3/4 cup) but can used exactly the same as you wish.
- Keep in a tight container and refrigerate to last up to 5 days.
- Keep monitoring cheesecake brownie from time to time to avoid baked to cakey taste.
CheeseCake Brownie Swirl Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes Bake Time: 35 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes Serving: 5 Slices
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter; room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 100 grams cream cheese; room temperature
- Preheat oven to 175 c and greased baking pan.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter with 1/2 cup white sugar till creamy and keep the remaining sugar for cream cheese mixture. Add in 1 egg and beat till combined. Using whisk or spatula, add flour and cocoa powder and mix till fully combined till no lumps. Add 1 tablespoon milk gradually and keep whisking till batter not too wet and easy to pour.
- In another bowl, beat cream cheese with the remaining white sugar till fully combined. Add in 1 egg and beat till smooth and no lumps appear.
- Pour slightly less than 1/2 of brownie batter into baking pan and smooth the top. Spoon half of the cream cheese on top of brownie. Pour the rest of brownie batter but left few spoons for decorations. Spread all the cream cheese batter and smooth it. For the last remaining brownie batter, spoon it and drop it how everywhere or create a tiny blog circle.
- By using toothpick, drag brownie along the cheesecake to create swirl effects. Swirl it to your liking.
- Baked for 30 minutes or slightly more and if inserted toothpick comes out a lumps, it’s done (turn oven off) and left in the oven with door open ajar to keep baking. After it cool down, refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight before slicing.
- Do not overbooked as it will turns cakey.