Every other day, I always in need to think about what to bake next. As you all know, I am a big fan of baking and enjoying desserts. But today, I have extra and ripe banana that I need to use. So I decided to make something that easy and quick and less hassle. Can be done within less than an hour and only using ONE BOWL to mix all ingredients. You can call it as a cake or bars which ever you prefer.
In this recipe, I am using 8.5 x 4.5 inch pan and you definitely can use slightly bigger pan without doubling the ingredients and the final baked will be thin like bars. I have extra banana batter left so I add extra mini cake pan, but you can bake it all in one pan if you like it thick. Banana already sweet so theres no need to add extra sugar but if you may add more if you like.
Delicious and can be enjoy during tea time or snack or even for breakfast. Something light and not heavy and less sugar. Or you could skip adding any sugar at all.
- Can substitute brown sugar with white sugar.
- Can use bigger pan for thiner result bars.
- Store in a tight containers and keep in the fridge up to 5 days.
ONE BOWL-Banana Chocolate Chips Bars Recipe
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Bake Time: 40 Minutes Total Time: 50 Minutes Servings: 12 bars
- 3 very ripe Bananas
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 + 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175 c. Greased or using baking paper for cake pan and set aside.
- Using large bowl, mashed 3 ripe bananas smoothly. Add in brown sugar, canola oil, milk, and eggs. Mixed till fully combined using a fork or hand whisk.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt. Continued to combine throughly. Fold in 2/4 cup of chocolate chips and keep the remaining for later.
- Pour the banana batter into greased cake pan and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes till golden brown on top or if inserted toothpick come out clean. Let cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy or can be serve with a scoop of ice cream.
Leave me a comment below if you have any questions.